- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4x aubergines, about 200g each
- 1x400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 200 g pre-cooked spinach, drained and chopped
- 2 balls mozzarella, drained and sliced
- 100 g pecorino cheese, grated
- 80 g pine kernels, toasted
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1 ciabatta bread, sliced, drizzled with olive oil and toasted on a griddle pan
- salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 5.
2. Cut the aubergines in half, place them on a baking tray and bake them in the oven for no longer than 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the flesh of the aubergines to make a hollow cavity, keeping the skin intact.
4. Chop up the flesh and in a large bowl, mix it with the spinach, pine kernels, parsley, pecorino cheese and chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well.
5. Stuff the aubergines with the mixture and place them on a baking tray. Lay the mozzarella slices on top, drizzle with the remaining oil and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until they are golden and the cheese has melted.
6. Serve immediately with the toasted ciabatta bread.
Rate This Recipe