- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 red onion
- 1 cloves garlic, optional
- 25 g butter, plus extra for the toast
- 400 g can baked beans
- 1 dashes of Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, grilled and crumbled, optional
- 1 small handfuls cheddar cheese, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices thick white bread
1. Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic. Melt 25g of butter and cook the onions and garlic until softened about 5 minutes.
2. Tip in the baked beans, bring to a simmer, and add the Worcestershire sauce or crumbled bacon, if using. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon the beans over hot buttered toast and sprinkle with grated cheese if liked.
Rate This Recipe