- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 sprigs of oregano
- 4 small-medium raw beetroot
- 1 large clove garlic, finely sliced
- 200g strained Greek yogurt, low-fat if desired
- a few fine strips of lemon zest
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Pick the smallest, tenderest leaves of oregano and set aside to use as a garnish.
2. Wrap each beetroot in a piece of kitchen foil, adding a few of the remaining oregano leaves and a slice or two of garlic to each parcel. Place in a baking dish and bake for 1 hour until the beetroot is tender.
3. Remove the foil parcels from the oven and set aside until the beetroot is just cool enough to handle.
4. Open the parcels, discard the wilted oregano and garlic. Peel the beetroot and cut each one in half. Arrange in a serving dish with the yogurt. Garnish with the reserved fresh oregano tips, strips of lemon zest and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe