- Serves: 2 as a starter, 1-2 for lunch
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small camembert, in a lidded box
- leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme, or a pinch of dried thyme
- 2 tsp honey, or maple syrup
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Remove the cheese from its box and discard any paper or plastic wrapping.
3. Slice off the top rind, then replace the cheese in the box.
4. Sprinkle the surface of the cheese with the thyme, and drizzle with honey.
5. Replace the lid, place in the centre of the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes (depending on the ripeness of the cheese - it should now be nicely runny inside).
6. Serve warm with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe