- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 boxed camembert
- 2-3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ciabatta or baguettes, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Be sure the box is made from thin wood stapled together, plastics and glue will melt
For a healthier dish, you could also serve the melted camembert with vegetable crudites, and fruit such as grapes and sliced apples.
If you really want to impress, make your own bread for dipping.
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Unwrap the cheese and carefully slice the rind off the top of the cheese. Return the cheese to its box, cut-side up, and place the box on a baking sheet.
3. Season the camembert with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is browned on top and melted inside. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with bread such as ciabatta or baguettes.
Rate This Recipe