- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- ½ lemons
- 1 red birds-eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 green birds-eye chilli, finely chopped
- garlic-infused olive oil, (see Cooks tips below)
- ½ tbsp finely grated fresh turmeric root
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp cardamom pods, bruised
- large dash chicken stock
- good dash olive oil
- 2 small cans coconut milk
- sprigs coriander, to garnish
- roti bread, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Make your own infused oil by steeping few chopped garlic cloves and spring onions in a little olive oil for a day or two. Store the oil in the fridge and consume within 2 weeks.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Wash the chicken pieces, dry with kitchen paper and arrange them in an ovenproof dish.
3. Rub the chicken with the cut lemon. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then rub in the chilli, infused oil, turmeric, cardamom pods and curry powder.
4. Sprinkle over a little chicken stock and a dash of olive oil. Bake for about 45minutes.
5. Remove the dish from the oven, pour in the coconut milk, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further 1 hour or until very tender and falling off the bone.
6. To serve, garnish with coriander sprigs and accompany with warm rotis for mopping up the delicious sauce.
Rate This Recipe