- Serves: 4 as a light main course
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the orange dressing
- 400 ml orange juice
- 150 ml olive oil
- ' handful lemons, juice only
For the vegetables
- 500 g fresh podded peas, removed from pods
- 200 g asparagus, cut into very thin slices lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- small handful chervil, chopped
For the salmon
- 600 g salmon fillets, very thinly sliced
- 100 ml olive oil
- 20 tarragon leaves
- 4 large oranges, grated zest only
- large handful mixed leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat. Cut out 4 squares of baking parchment, measuring 10cm x 10cm.
2. For the orange dressing: pour the orange juice into a small saucepan over a high heat and boil until reduced in volume to 100ml. Remove from the heat and whisk in the olive oil and lemon juice, to taste.
3. For the vegetables: boil the peas in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute then drain and refresh in iced water. Repeat with the asparagus.
4. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water over a low heat, stir in the peas and asparagus, sprinkle in the chervil and stir gently until warmed through.
5. For the salmon: drizzle each square of baking parchment with a little olive oil, sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper then scatter over the tarragon leaves and half of the orange zest.
6. Arrange the salmon slices on top, season with more coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and finish with the remaining olive oil and orange zest.
7. Carefully place the squares of salmon-topped baking parchment directly onto the preheated baking sheet and cook for 2-3 minutes until the salmon is just cooked but still pink and juicy in the middle of the slices.
8. To serve, transfer the salmon to serving plates, spoon the vegetables around the edges, top with mixed leaves and drizzle with the orange dressing.
Rate This Recipe