- Serves: Makes 12 slices
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g peeled weight cassava, or parsnip grated
- 75 g grated, fresh coconut
- 50 g peeled weight pumpkin, grated
- 60 g peeled weight sweet potatoes
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch black pepper
- 50 g raisins, (optional)
- 350 ml coconut milk
1. Grease and line an oblong tin 26cm x 18cm x 4cm with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to gas 5/190C.
2. Combine the cassava, coconut, pumpkin and sweet potato in a big mixing bowl.
3. Add the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, pepper and raisins.
4. Gradually stir in the coconut milk and mix everything together until smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for around 1 hour, or until the top is golden and the cake firm to the touch. This cake makes a good match with coconut ice cream.
Rate This Recipe