- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (500g total weight) halved lengthways
- 125 g bacon lardons
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 50 g butter
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 350 g risotto rice, such as arborio
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- approximately 1 litres hot chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the measured oil in a deep frying pan, then fry the chicken strips for 1-2 minutes on each side until sealed. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Fry the lardons in the same pan until golden, then remove and leave to one side on kitchen paper to drain.
4. Tip the onion, carrots, garlic and butter into the pan, then fry for 7-10 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened but not coloured. Turn off the heat and stir in the bacon lardons, smoked paprika, the rice and chopped tomatoes.
5. Spoon half the rice mixture into the bottom of a 1.5 litre casserole dish then cover with the chicken strips. Scatter with the roughly chopped eggs and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Top with the remaining rice.
6. Pour over enough stock to cover the rice the hot stock should be a depth of 1cm above the rice. Cover the casserole and bake for about 25 minutes until the grains are tender. Scatter with the remaining parsley before serving.
Rate This Recipe