- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 120 g butter
- 120 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp self-raising flour
- vanilla flavoured whipped cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8. Butter 4 ramekins and dust them with a little caster sugar.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Leave on one side to cool slightly.
3. Whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks and caster sugar together until the mixture is very thick and pale.
4. Stir in the chocolate and butter mixture and quickly but carefully fold in the sieved flour.
5. Divide the mixture between the ramekins, set them on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot, with chilled vanilla flavoured whipped cream, or with a good vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe