- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- butter, for greasing
- 250 g fresh figs
- 150 g fresh medjool dates
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- juice of 1 lemons
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Grease a shallow baking dish.
2. Slice the figs in half from top to bottom. Prick the skin with a fork.
3. Slice the dates in half lengthways and remove the stones.
4. Arrange the dates and figs alternately in the dish.
5. Sprinkle over the spices and lemon juice. Drizzle with the honey.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the honey starts to bubble.
7. Serve hot with crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe