- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g dover sole fillets
- black pepper
- 15 g butter
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- small handful of leaves basil
- 110 g parmesan, freshly grated
- boiled new potatoes, to serve
For the stir-fired spinach:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 100 g spinach, washed
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Season the Dover sole fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper. Use about half of the butter to grease a baking dish large enough to take the fillets in a single, snug layer. Lay the fillets in it.
3. Dot the cherry tomatoes around and over the fillets. Smear the crème fraîche over and around the fish and tomatoes covering the fish more or less evenly.
4. Scatter over the basil and then sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top. Dot with the last of the butter.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until the fish is just cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, just before the sole has completed baking, cook the stir-fried spinach. Heat a wok until smoking hot and add in the oil.
7. Throw in the garlic, followed by the spinach and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
8. Serve the Dover sole bubbling and hot from the oven with the stir-fried spinach and new potatoes.
Rate This Recipe