- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1-2 slices ham, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 2 knobs of butter, plus extra for spreading
- 2 slices country bread
For the salad
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large handfuls mixed salad
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Sprinkle enough ham into the bottom of 2 ramekins so that it forms a decent layer.
3. Break the eggs over the ham into each ramekin. Add a knob of butter and 2 tbsp of cream into each. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Put the ramekins into a baking dish filled with water and bake for 12 minutes.
5. For the salad: whisk the vinegar and mustard together with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Gradually whisk in the oil until the dressing is amalgamated. (Alternatively, you can put all the ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.)
7. Put the salad greens into a bowl and pour the dressing over.
8. Toast the bread and spread with butter.
9. To serve, put each ramekin onto a plate and accompany with buttered toast and salad.
Rate This Recipe