- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 sheet of nori, (Japanese seaweed)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp dried chillies
- 4 plate sized barramundi, or any other plate sized fish, cleaned and gutted
- extra virgin olive oil, for shallow frying
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 lime leaves, shredded, tough vein discarded
- 200 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- half a Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 15 ml fish sauce
- 50 ml fish stock
- 200 g fresh crab meat
- wedges of limes, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
2. Tear the nori into small pieces and mix with sesame seeds and chilli.
3. Pat the nori mixture generously around each fish, coating each fish thoroughly.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the fish briefly in the pan for 2 minutes on each side.
5. Transfer the fish to an ovenproof dish and bake for 8 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the shallot, ginger, lime leaves and shitake mushrooms and fry, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add the shredded cabbage and fry, stirring, for 3 minutes.
8. Add the fish sauce, fish stock and crab meat. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the cabbage softens, around 3-5 minutes.
9. Serve the baked fish on dinner plates topped with a small mound of the pan-cooked Asian greens and lime wedges on the side.
Rate This Recipe