- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 whole round goats' cheese, rind on
- 1 sprigs thyme, broken into 1cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 6 Merguez sausages
- splashes sherry
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- splashes sherry vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 10-12 breakfast radishes
- 1 heads celery, separated into stalks
- 10-12 baby carrots
- 6 spring onions, trimmed
- ½ baguettes, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 6.
2. Place the goats cheese round into a small clay dish or casserole (just large enough to fit the cheese in snugly) and pierce with the sprigs of thyme. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is softened and gooey in the middle.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages for 2-3 minutes on all sides, or until golden-brown and heated through. Remove the sausages and set aside.
4. Add a splash of sherry to the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to deglaze.
5. Pour the sherry mixture into a small bowl and add the garlic, sherry vinegar and Dijon mustard. Whisk until well combined, then drizzle in some olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
6. To serve, arrange the radishes, celery, carrots and spring onions on a plate and drizzle over the dressing. Place the baked goats cheese, still in the dish or casserole, in the middle and serve with the bread and sausages to dip into the cheese.
Rate This Recipe