- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g fine green beans, trimmed
- 200 g goats' cheese
- 2 pears
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 15 g butter
- 200 g mixed baby salad leaves
- 100 g pecans, toasted
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and very thinly sliced
1. Boil the fine green beans for 2 minutes, drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Cut the goats' cheese into chunks. Quarter the pears, remove the core and slice each quarter into thin slices.
3. Warm the lemon juice, cranberry sauce, cinnamon and butter in a heavy based frying pan. Add the pear slices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Toss the cheese cubes into the pan and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes until you see the cheese beginning to soften.
4. Toss the salad leaves with the toasted pecans and red chilli and divide between 4 serving plates. Top with the hot pear and goats' cheese mixture and serve at once whilst cheese is still lovely and soft.
Rate This Recipe