- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g shortcrust pastry
- 55 g butter
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 225 g curd cheese
- pinch of saffron, soaked in 1 tbsp of boiling water
- 2 egg yolks
- 115 g currants
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- sprinkle of grated nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a greased 23cm spring-form cake tin. Chill until required.
3. Cream together the butter and honey in a mixing bowl. Fold in the curd cheese, saffron, yolks, currants and lemon zest, mixing thoroughly.
4. Spoon the curd cheese mixture into the pastry-lined tin. Sprinkle over the nutmeg.
5. Bake the cheesecake for 30 minutes until puffed up and golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside until lukewarm. Undo the spring attachment to remove the ring but don't try to remove from the cake tin base. Instead place on a plate, base in place, decorate with flowers around the edge of the cheesecake and serve lukewarm.
Rate This Recipe