- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 small leeks, trimmed
- 8 slices free-range or organic cooked ham
- 150 g mature cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard, or home-made mustard
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- crusty French bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Blanch the leeks in a pan of boiling, salted water for 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water to stop them from cooking any further, and pat dry on absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Wrap each leek in a slice of ham and arrange in a baking dish.
3. Combine the Cheddar cheese with the mustard and crème fraîche. Spread over the leeks and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is bubbling and golden brown. Serve straight away with plenty of crusty bread to mop up all of those delicious juices.
Rate This Recipe