- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 50 g frozen sweetcorn
- 50 g frozen peas
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100 g Lancashire or Cheshire cheese, crumbled or grated
- 1 tbsp chopped chives or parsley
- 1 marrow, cut into 8 slices and deseeded
- 50 g Red Leicester or mature cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Lightly grease a large baking dish with a teaspoon of the olive oil.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion, celery and pepper for 3 - 4 minutes, until softened. Remove from the heat and stir in the sweetcorn and peas. Reserve a couple of tablespoons of the breadcrumbs, then stir the rest into the vegetables with the Lancashire or Cheshire cheese and chives or parsley. Season.
3. Arrange the marrow slices in the baking dish. Pack with the vegetable mixture then sprinkle with the reserved breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, removing the foil for the final 10 minutes so that the tops brown.
Rate This Recipe