- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sprig of rosemary, stalk removed, leaves finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 kg monkfish tails, cut into 5cm chunks
- 200 g thinly sliced Parma ham
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven 220°C/gas 7.
2. Gently heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small saucepan. When warm, add the rosemary. Cook for about 30 seconds until the rosemary is slightly softened but not browned.
3. Remove the pan from the heat. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Brush the rosemary oil and lemon mixture over the monkfish chunks, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go.
5. Wrap the chunks in Parma ham to form parcels. Tuck the parcels tightly into a gratin dish, and strew with the bay leaves.
6. Roll the tomatoes in the remaining olive oil and scatter them over the parcels.
7. Bake for 15 -20 minutes until the parcels feel just tender when pierced with a skewer.
8. Dish up, pour over the fishy juices and enjoy.
Rate This Recipe