- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the base
- 125 g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75 g butter, melted
For the filling
- 400 g ricotta cheese
- 200 g cream cheese
- 75 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 75 g pecans, lightly crushed
For the sauce
- 50 g butter
- 150 g light brown sugar
- pinches ground cinnamon
- 50 ml banana liqueur
- 4 bananas
- 50 ml dark rum
- double cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lightly butter and line 4 x 6 cm individual cake tins.
2. To make the cheesecake bases, combine the biscuits and the butter and press into the prepared tins.
3. For the filling, combine the ricotta and cream cheese with the sugar and eggs. Beat until smooth.
4. Remove the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the mixture. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
5. Add the nuts and spoon the mixture into the tins.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, until set. Cool and turn out.
7. For the sauce; heat the butter, sugar and cinnamon until the sugar has completely dissolved.
8. Stir in the banana liqueur and mix well.
9. Add the bananas and cook gently until they begin to brown.
10. Stir in the rum and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Serve the cheesecakes with the banana sauce spooned over, and accompany with lashings of cream.
Rate This Recipe