- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large potatoes, in their skins, scrubbed clean
For the serrano ham and manchego cheese topping
- 2 slices Serrano ham
- 4 slices manchego cheese, or parmesan cheese, thinly sliced
For the walnut dressing
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
For the gruyere cheese and crispy bacon topping
- 15 g butter
- 2 tbsp lardons of bacon, cooked in a hot pan until crisp
- 4 tbsp gruyère cheese, freshly grated
For the smoked salmon topping
- 8 g butter, or 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g smoked salmon, cut into small dice
- 15 g capers, drained on kitchen paper
- squeeze lemon juice
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- snipped chives, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/gas 8.
2. Pierce a few holes in the potatoes with a skewer or a fork and put on a tray or rack into the oven and cook for about 40-55 minutes, until the potatoes feel soft under the crisp skin. You can cook the potatoes with a metal skewer stuck through them; this will speed up the cooking process. Serve with your choice of topping.
3. For the serrano ham and manchego cheese topping: remove the potato from the oven and cut a cross in it to open it out slightly.
4. Place a slice of serrano ham and a couple of slices of cheese over the top.
5. To make the dressing: put all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and seal tightly. Shake well to combine. Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons over the cheese.
6. For the gruyere cheese and crispy bacon topping: cut a cross in the top of the baked potato and dot with butter.
7. Sprinkle with the crisp bacon and the grated gruyere, and a little freshly ground pepper and pop back into the hot oven for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. For the smoked salmon topping: heat the butter or oil in a small pan and toss the salmon with the capers in the hot pan.
9. Add freshly ground pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
10. Split the cooked potato open and add a good tablespoon of crème fraiche.
11. Sprinkle the salmon and capers over the crème fraiche and decorate with snipped chives.
Rachel's Favourite Food
Rate This Recipe