- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 12 sage leaves
- 400 g risotto rice, preferably arborio
- 800 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1.25 litres chicken stock
- 30 g butter
- 40 g parmesan, finely grated
- finely grated parmesan and fried sage leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Heat a large ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the sage and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice, pumpkin and stock and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. The risotto will be quite liquid. Season with salt and pepper, then stir through the butter and parmesan for 2 minutes until the risotto thickens slightly. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and fried sage leaves to serve.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe