- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 250 g dried apricots
- juice of 2 lemons
1. Heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and put a kettle of water on to boil.
2. Place the ricotta on an ovenproof dish and bake for 40 minutes.
3. Use kitchen scissors to cut the dried apricots into small pieces and place them in a saucepan. Cover with hot water from the kettle and set over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the lemon juice to the apricots and simmer for 30 minutes, using the wooden spoon to help break the fruit pieces down into a thick sauce. Add more hot water from the kettle as necessary and stir frequently.
5. Remove the ricotta from the oven - it will be just starting to brown at the edges. Cut it into slices or wedges and transfer it to serving plates using a fish slice. Serve with a generous pool of the sauce.
Rate This Recipe