- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 fresh sardines, cleaned and de-scaled
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed and blanched
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Brush an ovenproof dish with a little oil.
2. Cut off the heads and tails off the sardines, sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
3. Spread the broccoli evenly over the bottom of the prepared dish and scatter over the garlic and tomatoes.
4. Arrange the sardines on top, side-by-side and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Pour over the wine and any remaining olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and chopped parsley. Remove the sardines from the oven and scatter the mixture evenly over the top. Return to the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve piping hot.
Rate This Recipe