- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr marinating
- Effort: medium
- 2 sea bass, (each 500g)
- half tsp turmeric
- half tsp salt
- juice of 1 lemons
- strips green peppers
- dried red chilli flakes
For the chutney:
- 4 tbsp fresh green peppercorns, stripped from the stem
- half a bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 green chillies, seeded
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- half tsp ground cumin
- juice of half a lemons
- A pinch of salt
1. Cut 3 slashes on either side of each sea bass. Rub in the turmeric and salt, pour over the lemon juice, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, make the chutney. In a food processor blend together the peppercorns, coriander, chillies, garlic, cumin, lemon juice and salt, making sure not to over-blend the ingredients.
3. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
4. Smear the sea bass with the chutney thoroughly. Wrap each sea bass in a strip of oiled banana leaf or foil, securing the parcel with string or toothpicks.
5. Place the sea bass parcels in a roasting tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Serve each sea bass in its wrapping, garnished with green pepper and red chilli.
Rate This Recipe