- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 large Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 450g baby ripe plum tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves, orn into pieces
- coarse sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sea bass, each around 450g sea bass, gutted, scaled and cleaned
- 2 lemons, cut into small wedges
- 1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley, stalks trimmed and reserved
- 200 ml white wine
- boiled potatoes, to serve
- garlic mayonnaise, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, add in the onion and gently fry until golden and soft.
3. Spoon the cooked onions onto a large baking tray and scatter over the tomatoes and bay leaves. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Using a sharp knife, cut 3 diagonal slashes across each side of the sea bass. Stuff each fish with lemon and parsley stalks inside the cavity of the fish. Lay the fish over the onions and tomatoes.
5. Drizzle the fish with the remaining olive oil and white wine and season well with sea salt.
6. Bake for approx 15-20 minutes, basting frequently.
7. Serve in the baking dish scattered with flat-leafed parsley leaves.
Rate This Recipe