- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 whole cloves garlic
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 x 800g sea bass
- 2 small dried chillies, crumbled
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 lemon
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Place the garlic cloves in a roasting pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast for 10 minutes or so until soft and creamy inside.
2. Put a piece of parchment paper large enough to wrap the fish in on top of a piece of foil cut to the same size, making sure that the shiny side is facing downwards. Lay the bass on top and tuck the garlic in the stomach cavity and around the fish.
3. Scatter the crumbled chillies over the top; lay the rosemary on the fish and season with a sprinkling of salt. Fold the foil up and crimp at the edges to form a parcel. Pour in the wine and remaining olive oil and seal the rest of the foil so that the fish is completely enclosed - it should look like a large pastie!
4. Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven. To serve, open the parcel in front of your guest, squeeze over the lemon and dive in!
Rate This Recipe