- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 425 ml milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 25 g butter
- 4 tbsp semolina
- 55 g caster sugar
For the jam sauce:
- 5 tbsp raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 punnet of raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Heat the milk, cream and butter together in a saucepan. Sprinkle the semolina over the hot milk mixture and heat, stirring, until the milk boils and the mixture thickens.
3. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring, until the semolina becomes clear.
4. Keep stirring and remove from the heat. Stir in the caster sugar.
5. Pour the semolina mixture into a buttered ovenproof dish. Bake the semolina for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
6. Just before the pudding is ready, make the jam sauce. Sieve the jam into a saucepan. Add the raspberries and warm through gently.
7. Serve the semolina pudding with the warm jam sauce.
Rate This Recipe