- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- butter, for greasing
- 4 peaches
- 5 amaretti biscuits
- 1 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- mascarpone or cream, to serve
- mint leaves, to decorate (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
You can serve the stuffed peaches with a sweet sauce made from 150ml orange juice, a dash of sherry and 4 tablespoons raspberry jam. Bring the ingredients to a simmer in a small saucepan and bubble until slightly thickened.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and grease a baking tray with butter.
2. Halve the peaches and remove the stones. Scoop out some of the flesh from the indentations with a melon baller and place in a bowl.
3. Crush the amaretti in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Stir the crumbs into the bowl of peach flesh along with the amaretto, sugar and egg yolk.
4. Place the peaches cut side-up on the greased baking tray and spoon the amaretti mixture into them.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then serve two or three peach halves per person, with mascarpone or cream on the side, decorated with mint, if desired.
Rate This Recipe