- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For Mommas Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp ground cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1½ tsp white sugar
- 60 g dried onion flakes
- 25 g dried mixed herbs
- 1½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 50 g salt
For the stuffed sweet potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small green pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
- 50 g coriander, (leaves and stalks), chopped
- 60 g butter
- 100 ml single or double cream
- 1 tbsp Mommas cajun seasoning, plus extra for sprinkling
- green salad leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemons, juice only
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. For Momma's Cajun seasoning: put all of the ingredients apart from the salt into a spice grinder or mini food processor and blend to a fine consistency. Mix in the salt and transfer to a jar. It will keep for 1-2 months if stored in a cool, dark place.
3. For the stuffed sweet potatoes: rub the potatoes all over with the olive oil, season with salt and arrange on a baking tray. Place on the top shelf of the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, until the flesh is soft.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, use a teaspoon to scrape out the flesh into a bowl, taking care not to break the skin. Return the empty skins to the baking tray and set aside.
5. Add all the remaining ingredients to the potato flesh and mix well. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, season with salt and black pepper and sprinkle over a little extra Cajun seasoning. Return to the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden-brown.
6. To serve: drizzle the salad leaves with the olive oil and lemon juice and serve with the stuffed sweet potatoes.
Rate This Recipe