- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the baked tomatoes
- 25 g butter, for greasing
- 2 kg plum tomatoes, halved or sliced into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 10 salted anchovies, sliced lengthways
- 75 g grated parmesan
- 150 ml double cream
For the bruschetta
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 5.
2. For the baked tomatoes: butter an ovenproof baking dish, then scatter half of the tomatoes over the bottom. Scatter over half of the garlic, then add half the marjoram, half the chilli flakes and lay half the anchovies over the top.
3. Season generously with salt and black pepper, then layer the rest of the tomatoes over the top, followed by the rest of the garlic, marjoram, chilli flakes and anchovies.
4. In a bowl, whisk together half of the grated parmesan and the double cream, season with salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the tomatoes.
5. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the top, then place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and golden-brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
Rate This Recipe