- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 60 g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 medium courgette, coarsely grated
- 120 g courgettes, coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 12x20 cm-square frozen spring roll wrapper, thawed
- 125 ml sweet and sour sauce
1. Place mushrooms and noodles in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Soak for 57 mins or until softened. Drain. Remove stems and chop finely. Place noodles in a large bowl and cut into 3cm lengths.
2. Lightly spray a large wok with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add shallot, garlic, carrot, courgette and cabbage. Stir-fry for 57 mins or until softened. Add noodles, mushrooms and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1 min or until heated. Transfer to a bowl, then set aside to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 190C/170C/gas mark 5. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly spray with oil. Combine cornflour with 1 tbs cold water in a small bowl. Place 1 wrapper on a board with a corner pointing towards you. Brush edges with cornflour mixture and keep remaining wrappers covered with damp tea towel.
4. Spoon ¼ cup vegetable mixture into corner of wrapper. Fold corner over filling then roll up from corner to corner, folding edges in to enclose filling. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 1520 mins. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Rate This Recipe