- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
- 100 ml full-fat milk
- 8 cardamom pods, seeds only
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 500 g tub full fat strained Greek yogurt
- pinches ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp condensed milk
For the tuille biscuits
- 30 g butter, softened
- 30 g plain flour
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped (plus a little extra to decorate the top of the pots)
1. Preheat the oven to 130C/110C fan/gas ½ .
2. Place the milk in a small non-stick saucepan with the cardamom seeds and the vanilla pod. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat then remove the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds out. Stir the seeds into the milk and set aside to cool.
4. Mix the yogurt, cinnamon, cooled infused milk and condensed milk together in a large bowl until combined.
5. Divide the mixture between six 150ml ramekins (the mixture will come about two-thirds of the way up each). Place the dishes into a roasting tin filled with enough boiling water so that the level of water reaches two-thirds of the way up the outside of the ramekins.
6. Bake the yogurts for 40 minutes, or until just set. Allow to cool completely then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
7. For the tuille biscuits: beat the butter and flour together in a small bowl. Stir in the icing sugar and egg white and whisk until light and frothy. The mixture should be runny.
8. Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment or silicone paper then spread the mixture in very thin, even layers to form long strips, well-spaced apart (the mixture will spread). Sprinkle over a few chopped pistachio nuts.
9. Bake the biscuits for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and carefully lift onto a rolling pin whilst still warm so that the biscuits curl round them. Leave to set on the rolling pin until completely cool.
10. To serve, place baked yogurt onto the centre of each serving plate with a tuille biscuit on top and sprinkle with a few extra chopped pistachios.
Rate This Recipe