- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g shortcrust pastry
- 5-6 tbsp raspberry or strawberry or black cherry jam
- 3 eggs
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g butter, melted
- 75 g ground almonds
- dashes of almond essence
- cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Roll out the pastry. Use the pastry to line a 20cm flan tin, trimming and neatening the edges.
3. Spoon the jam onto the bottom of the case and spread all over with the back of the spoon.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until frothy using a hand whisk and then stir in the melted butter and the almonds. Add a small dash of almond essence.
5. Spoon this mixture in the pastry case and bake for about 25 minutes or until the filling is set and golden brown.
6. Serve the bakewell tart warm with cream. If serving the tart cool it can be topped with a layer of softly whipped cream.
Rate This Recipe