- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins resting
- Effort: medium
For the pastry
- 175 g plain flour
- 1 pinches salt
- 55 g unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 25 g lard, chilled and diced
- 25 g unrefined caster sugar
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 tbsp ice cold water, to mix
For the filling
- 55 g raspberry jam
- 3 eggs
- 115 g unrefined caster sugar
- 115 g unsalted butter, melted
- 115 g ground almonds
- 50 g blanched flaked almonds, to serve
1. Sieve the flour and salt together and then gently rub in the butter and lard with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add the orange and lemon zest, the sugar, and just enough cold water to make a dough. Roll this into a ball, wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
4. Roll the pastry out to a thickness of 2-3mm and use it to line a greased 25cm flan ring. Cut off any excess pastry and crimp the edges.
5. Heat the jam in a saucepan and press it through a fine sieve to get rid of the seeds before spreading evenly over the base of the tart.
6. Beat the eggs and sugar together and then slowly fold in the melted butter and the ground almonds. Pour carefully to cover the jam.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 35-40 minutes, take out and leave to cool.
8. Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
Rate This Recipe