- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 300 g unsalted butter, melted
- 500 g filo pastry
- 400 g pistachio nuts
For the syrup:
- 500 g sugar
- 500 ml water
- juice of 1/2 lemons
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/gas 4. Take a 25 x 30cm baking dish and brush dish with melted butter.
2. Place one sheet of filo pastry in the bottom of the dish and brush with melted butter. Place another sheet of pastry on top and brush the top with melted butter. Repeat this until you have used half of the pastry.
3. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
4. Place the remaining layers of filo pastry, brushing each one with melted butter.
5. Brush the top with melted butter and cut into diamond shapes. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
6. To make the syrup, place the sugar, water and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Pour the hot syrup over the cooled baklava.
8. Allow to cool and absorb the syrup before serving.
Rate This Recipe