- Serves: Makes 1 pizza (plus dough for 2 more)
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 mins rising
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 12 g fresh yeast, or 1 seachet fast action dried yeast
- 300 ml warm water, approximately
For the basic tomato sauce:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
For the chicken topping:
- 1 chicken breast fillet, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 ball of mozzarella, torn into pieces
- chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
1. First make the pizza dough. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and yeast. Gradually add in the warm water, mixing as you add it in, until the mixture comes together into a dough.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface until smooth and elastic. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes, until doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, cook the tomato sauce. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry very gently for 5 minutes.
4. Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring now and then. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Crush the cooked cherry tomatoes with a masher.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the chicken topping. Place the chicken in a bowl, sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes.
6. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the chicken and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes, until cooked through. Add in the remaining balsamic vinegar, scraping the frying pan with a wooden spatula to deglaze it.
7. Break the risen dough down and divide into 3 even-sized portions.
8. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8.
9. To make a pizza, roll out one of the pizza dough portions into a large disc and place it on a baking sheet.
10. Top the pizza with the fried balsamic chicken, then sprinkle over the red onion. Dot with the mozzarella and drizzle over with olive oil.
11. Bake for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe