- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 16 good quality dried figs
- 125 ml balsamic vinegar, plus extra drizzling
- 125 ml water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
- 100 g full fat ricotta cheese
- 8 slices toasted ciabatta bread, sourdough or French bread, brushed with olive oil
- 8 slices prosciutto
1. Place the figs in a small pan, add water to cover and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Bring the balsamic vinegar and measured water to the boil with the sugar, salt and pepper. Add the figs, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vinegar is syrupy and the figs are reconstituted. Leave to cool slightly.
3. Arrange the rocket on individual plates or a large dish. Spread the ricotta over each piece of toasted bread, and then place a slice of proscuitto on the cheese.
4. Top each crostini with 2 sliced figs and arrange on the rocket. Drizzle a little extra balsamic vinegar over the salad. Grind black pepper over everything and serve.
Rate This Recipe