- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins maceration
- Effort: easy
- 450 g strawberries, hulled
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tsp brandy
- 225 g mascarpone
- 150 ml double cream
1. Mix together the strawberries, balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp caster sugar and set aside to macerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the remaining sugar with the yolks in a mixing bowl until very pale and thickened.
3. Stir in the brandy. Fold in the marscapone cheese. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form and fold into the marscapone mixture.
4. Serve the strawberries with the marscapone cream.
Rate This Recipe