- Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 175 g wholemeal flour
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml sunflower oil
- 150 g honey
- 175 g almonds, skin still on, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
If you have ripe bananas that you think you won't get to eat, pop them in the freezer and take them out to use in this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift the plain flour into a large bowl with the baking powder and salt. Mix in the wholemeal flour. Place the bananas in a separate bowl with the eggs, sunflower oil and honey and whisk to combine. Tip into the dry ingredients and beat until smooth, adding the almonds just as the mixture is coming together.
3. Divide the batter between the muffin cases so that they are about three-quarters full. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden on top and springy to the touch.
4. Remove the tray from the oven and allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, then take them from the tray and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Text © Rachel Allen 2012. Photography © Philip Webb 2012.
Rate This Recipe