- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 175 g dark brown sugar
- 4 bananas
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 ml milk
- 1 panettone, sliced
- double cream or ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/gas 5.
2. Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the butter and sugar have melted and the mix has become a bubbling toffee sauce. Add the bananas and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Place the cream and milk in a small saucepan over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, until warm.
4. Place a layer of panettone slices in a large ovenproof dish to cover the base. Pour over half of the cream mixture, then ladle over half of the toffee and banana mixture in an even layer.
5. Add another layer of panettone slices. Layer the remaining cream over the top, then cover with the remaining toffee and banana mixture.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Serve with lightly whipped double cream or ice cream.
Rate This Recipe