- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling and freezing
- Effort: medium
For the bases
- 200 g gluten-free wheat-free biscuits, preferably Berry Fruit
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts
For the fillings
- 500 g mascarpone
- 50 g caster sugar
- 350 g white chocolate, melted
- 350 ml whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the decoration
- 2 bananas
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 150 g white chocolate
- dark chocolate sauce
- sugared toasted hazelnuts
- sprigs mint
- mixed summer berries
1. To make the bases; place the biscuits, butter and hazelnuts in a food processor and process until blended.
2. Line the bases of 6 x 2cm diameter metal rings, with the crumb mixture, pressing it down well.
3. To make the fillings; mix together the mascarpone and sugar.
4. Stir half the mixture into the melted white chocolate, mixing well.
5. Gently fold in the remaining mixture with the whipped cream, mashed bananas and lemon juice.
6. Spoon the filling on top of the chilled bases and level flat with a spatula. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours until the filling has set.
7. Slice the bananas into 1cm thick slices.
8. Dip half the banana slices in the melted dark chocolate and the rest in the melted white chocolate. Place the slices on a cold tray and chill until set and firm. Transfer to the freezer.
9. To serve; unmould the tortes onto a serving plate. Decorate with the frozen banana slices, chocolate sauce, sugared hazelnuts, mint sprigs and berries.
Rate This Recipe