- Serves: Makes 2 loaves, each 12 slices
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 45 g light soft brown sugar
- 30 g almonds, chopped
- 255 ml soured cream
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 230 g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250 g mashed ripe bananas, (about 2 medium bananas)
Tips and Suggestions
No banana bread recipe ever uses enough of those blackened bananas sitting in the fruit bowl, so bake more than one loaf and freeze pre-sliced ready for morning toasting or breakfast on the run.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4. Grease and line two 10 x 18cm loaf tins with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar and almonds and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the sourced cream and bicarbonate of soda, leave to stand for 5 minutes, then stir in the melted butter, caster sugar and eggs. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into another bowl. Gradually fold in the soured cream mixture, followed by the mashed bananas.
4. Divide the mixture equally between the prepared tins and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top. Bake for 1 1¼ hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of each loaf comes out clean. Set aside to cool in the tins for about 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Feed Me Now published by Quadrille
Rate This Recipe