- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- plain flour, for dusting
- 4 bananas
- 40 g butter
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 5 small sprigs rosemary
- 250 ml chilled fromage blanc, or crème fraiche
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the puff pastry to a thickness of 4mm using a pasta machine; cut the pastry into 4 equal pieces.
3. Place a strip of pastry on a floured surface, arrange 5 pieces of banana in a ring across it, and top with a quarter of the butter and caster sugar.
4. Fold the overlap into the centre, flip over and place on a baking sheet. Repeat the process for the remaining 3 tarts.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Working quickly, heat the maple syrup honey, sesame seeds and rosemary together in a saucepan, until bubbling. Pop the cooked tarts into the pan and coat with the syrup.
7. Serve the tarts straight away with extra syrup poured over and a sprig of rosemary to decorate. Fromage blanc or crème fraiche make a good accompaniment.
Rate This Recipe