- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the coconut chocolate sauce
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 60 g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
For the banana split
- 4 small bananas, split in half lengthways
- 40 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 25 g caster sugar
- 4-8 scoops scoops vanilla or coconut ice cream
- shredded coconut, or toasted almond flakes, for sprinkling
1. For the coconut chocolate sauce: put the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and dark chocolate in a small saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the chocolate and sugar dissolve.
2. Use the sauce while warm or store in the fridge in an airtight container and melt over a low heat prior to use.
3. For the banana split: heat the grill to medium. Split the bananas in half lengthways and put them on a baking tray. Dot with the cubes of butter and sprinkle with caster sugar. Grill until caramelised. Alternatively put the bananas in a heavy based frying pan along with the butter and sugar and cook on a high heat until caramelized on one side.
4. Top the bananas with the ice cream, coconut chocolate sauce and shredded coconut or almonds, then serve.
Rate This Recipe