- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 sheet puff pastry, rolled to 2-3mm thick
- 20 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- splash of rum
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/has mark 4.
2. Take a sheet of baking paper and place on a baking tray. Cut the pastry into a 12inch round circle and place on the baking paper. Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
3. Arrange the slices of banana on the pastry, in a spiral, making sure they overlap, starting from the outside and finishing in the middle.
4. Sprinkle a good layer of sugar all over the bananas, then brush with the melted butter and sprinkle generously with more caster sugar.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes minutes or until the tart is caramelised.
6. Remove from the oven and invert onto another baking tray, drizzle the rum over the base and return to the oven base side up for 5 minutes or until cooked.
7. Serve with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce or both.
Rate This Recipe