- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g caster sugar
- 25 g butter
- a few small sprigs rosemary
- 4 - 6 bananas
- 375 g ready-to-roll puff pastry
- flour, for dusting
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. To make the caramel put the sugar in a wide ovenproof frying pan. Heat gently without stirring until it turns golden brown. Remove from the heat, add the butter and stir in gently together throwing in a few rosemary sprigs.
3. Peel the bananas and slice into chunks (not too small or they will break down during cooking). Arrange in the caramel to cover the surface.
4. Place the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out a circle slightly larger than the pan. Place the pastry circle over the bananas and caramel mixture. Tuck the edges down the side of the pan around the bananas.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is brown.
6. Remove the tart from the oven and leave to rest for 4 minutes.
7. Place a large plate on top of the pan, and invert so that the tart slips out, pastry to the base, bananas on top.
8. Serve hot with the vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe