- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- A pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- Juice of half a limes
- 350 g grilled or steamed chicken, preferably Freedom Food labelled, shredded
- Half a cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 1-2 carrots, cut into ribbons
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 200 g rice noodles, cooked as per pack instructions
- coriander, to garnish
Tips and Suggestions
Look out for the Freedom Food label when choosing chicken. It can be found on indoor-reared, free range and organic chicken products in many supermarkets; only chicken that has been looked after its entire life to the RSPCAs strict welfare standards will carry the assurance of the Freedom Food logo.
1. Pour the chicken stock into a saucepan, add the ginger and bring to the boil. Leave to cool for 15 minutes so the ginger infuses the stock.
2. Place the peanut butter, honey, sesame oil and chilli flakes in a mini processor or a screw topped jar with the infused chicken stock and process or shake well to mix together. Add the lime juice to taste.
3. Combine the chicken, cucumber, carrots, spring onions and rice noodles in a large bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss gently, then serve sprinkled with a few leaves of fresh coriander.
Recipe provided by Freedom Foods.
Rate This Recipe