- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the steak
- 550 g sirloin steaks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cm ginger, grated
For the filling and wrap mixture
- 4 spring onions, white part only
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 10 large soft leaves lettuce
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- chopped coriander, to garnish
1. Cut the steak into thin slices, about 4cm long and 3cm wide.
2. Combine the steak strips with the salt, sesame oil, pepper and ginger. Rub the seasonings into the meat and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Cut the spring onions in to 3cm batons and soak in iced water for 15 minutes before draining and tossing with the soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
4. Mix the chilli paste with the sugar and sesame seeds and spread this seasoning on the inside curl of each lettuce leaf.
5. Preheat a grill and cook the marinated steak for 1-3 minutes, depending on how you like your steak.
6. Take 1 lettuce leaf, and spoon over a few steak slices, a few spiced spring onions and a little shredded garlic.
7. Fold the lettuce leaf and garnish with coriander. Serve with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe